London 1904

Sunday 17 June 2007

42. 1913 Poems

Within F.A.I.s book there are non dated 1913.
The 'book' after 1912 continues but 1914/15 and beyond are not as per page number. I have to my mind that the he wrote on the even pages as he went along, initially, but as the years went on he picked up the book again & filled in the odd pages. These are a couple with no date on even pages, following on from 1912.

To One Away

I heard a cry in the night
A thousand miles it came
Sharp as a flash it came
My name, my name
It was your voice I heard
You waked and loved me so
I send you back this word
I know I know




Gentians

I gave you flowers that painted true
The color of your eyes
Each year I gather gentians blue
Since you have gone In Paradise
Do you remember where they grew
And under which ethereal skies
We sought them as the summer prize
Ah love the gentians bloom anew
I love them but I have not you

Is this someone who has died or someone who died in his eyes, non reciprocated affection??

No comments: