London 1904

Friday 22 June 2007

52. 1914 To a Close

These next 3 bring 1914 to an end.

In a time of great unrest and a World War (to end all wars?!!) quite beautifully the writings are about flowers, pleasant memories and hope.

A Faded Rose

A time worn bible lies on my hand
And between the faded leaves I see
A rose all crushed and withered
Scentless dead and partly shivered
T’would seem that care and sorrow lie
Concealed beneath these petals dry
And memories of woe and tears
That well up through the fleeting years
But nay not so for joy lights up
My soul and fills fond memorys cup
This rose was given by one most dear
My quickly passing years to cheer
BB FAI


A Bunch of Flowers

I give you a choice bouquet of king-cup daisies, eglantine
Sweet William, Pansies, Jasmine spray
Carnations, Pinks and Columbines with Roses fragrant
Lilies tall and sweet named flowers – a varied lot
And the very heart of you the blue Forget-me-not
And the light within your eyes is their sunshine and their
Rain. As your heart’s sad tears of pain is their rain

The heart that has its friendship dear its deeper loves
** ****ful hours its friendships that are less sincere
is only as a bunch of flowers and some shall bloom and
Fragrant be. And some shall fade and be forgot
But should your heart hold a place for me ah then forget me not
And the light within your eyes be the sunshine and the skies
**owing all your heart would know of loves glow

I know a Lovely Garden

I know a Lovely Garden
Where bloom the sweetest flowers
And there from morn till even
I pass away the hours
For love is that sweet garden
Beneath Gods boundless blue
And he looks down and blesses
My life, my love and you



No comments: